"This could be a great resource; it is difficult to keep up with ever changing product market. I am sure homeowners/builders will appreciate this decision tool."- Margo Rettig, SERA architects
"Your book is a great idea!"- Allison Friedman, Founder, Rate It Green
"The way this book is designed and presented allows us to immediately and easily access the most important information about green products... I feel a person of any age could use this guide."- Annie Kurtin, Adjunct Professor, U of A College of Architecture + Landscape Architecture
Better Buildings Guide
Green Standards for building materials and systems:
- Beyond building code requirements.
- Referenced by LEED, CALGreen, CHPS, EnergyStar and most green building codes.
For homeowners -- Use this guide while shopping at your local home improvement store:
- To help understand why you may want a green option for paint, flooring, cabinets, or countertops.
- To check the greenness of the product you have already selected.
For facility managers -- Use this guide to help select and specify green building products:
- To update aging facilities to meet green codes.
- To provide good indoor air quality.
- To reduce energy and water use.
For designers -- Use this guide to help understand fundamental green attributes of:
- Common building products such as indoor finishes, insulation and drywall.
- Energy systems such as photovoltaic modules and geothermal.
For builders -- Use this guide to help shop for green products such as:
- Paint, drywall, and insulation.
- The most water-saving plumbing fixtures.
For retailers -- Use this guide to train staff and gain consumer confidence by:
- Knowing product standards and metrics.
- Being able to identify product certifications.
For real estate professionals -- Use this guide to understand green building basics and gain your client's confidence by:
- Identifying green strategies in the buildings you present.
- Knowing the green attributes of finishes in a building.