Better Buildings Guide is the only green building product resource that provides you with the facts on what makes a product green, simply and directly. We want to help make you the smartest shopper when it comes to green building products.
For homeowners -- Use this guide while shopping at your local home improvement store:
- To help understand why you may want a green option for paint, flooring, cabinets, or countertops.
- To check the greenness of the product you have already selected.
For facility managers -- Use this guide to help select and specify green building products:
- To update aging facilities to meet green codes.
- To provide good indoor air quality.
- To reduce energy and water use.
For designers -- Use this guide to help understand fundamental green attributes of:
- Common building products such as indoor finishes, insulation and drywall.
- Energy systems such as photovoltaic modules and geothermal.
For builders -- Use this guide to help shop for green products such as:
- Paint, drywall, and insulation.
- The most water-saving plumbing fixtures.
For retailers -- Use this guide to train staff and gain consumer confidence by:
- Knowing product standards and metrics.
- Being able to identify product certifications.
For real estate professionals -- Use this guide to understand green building basics and gain your client's confidence by:
- Identifying green strategies in the buildings you present.
- Knowing the green attributes of finishes in a building.